Click here to download a printable application.
- Yard Sale Permit – Click here for a permit application. Residents are allowed to hold two-yard sales per year, each not more than two days in duration. All signs must be restricted to on-site posting and removed within 24 hours of the sale.
- Burn Permit – Click here for a permit application. Open burning is allowed until dusk (bonfires, hot dog roasts excluded) within the guidelines of the Illinois EPA restrictions.
- Occupancy Permit – Homeowners and/or landlords are responsible for completing an Occupancy Permit prior to any property sale or change of tenancy.
- Occupancy Permit Checklist – Click here to download an Occupancy Permit Checklist.
- Solicitor’s Permit – Click here for a permit application. Solicitation is allowed in the village with an approved permit during regular business hours. All soliciting is to end at dusk.
- Residential Building Permit – Click here to download a printable permit application. The building inspection code of Bethalto is enforced by complete inspection of buildings as work is performed. Builders are responsible for contacting the inspectors at the appropriate times. All inspection requests require 24-hour notice.
- Commercial Building Permit – Click here to download a printable permit application. The building inspection code of Bethalto is enforced by complete inspection of buildings as work is performed. Builders are responsible for contacting the inspectors at the appropriate times. All inspection requests require 24-hour notice.
- Building Demolition Permit
- Residential Electrical Permit – Click here to download a printable permit application. To schedule inspections please call Tim Henson at 618-920-3515 after 3:30 p.m. Twenty-four-hour notice is required for scheduling inspections. If you get no answer, please call 618-377-7697 and someone will return your call as soon as they can.
- Commercial Electrical Permit – Click here to download a printable permit application. The Village of Bethalto requires inspections to be conducted during construction projects. The permit holder and or contractor is responsible for calling and scheduling inspections. This permit must be posted in a conspicuous location at the residence visible from the street. To schedule inspections please call Tim Henson at 618-920-3515 after 3:30 p.m. A 24-hour notice is required for scheduling. If you get no answer please call Village Hall at 618-377-7697 and someone will return your call as soon as they can.
- Plumbing Permit – All plumbing must be installed by an Illinois licensed plumber, working under the supervision of an Illinois licensed plumbing contractor. All plumbing in residential and commercial/industrial construction must be inspected by the Village of Bethalto plumbing inspector. See Residential Building Permit.
- Roofing Permit – Click here for a permit application. It is the responsibility of the contractor/homeowner to set up the inspection with the building inspector. You must call Aaron Snyder at 618-977-4429 prior to application.
- Sign Permit
- Temporary Water Service Application
- Pool Permit – Swimming pools may be located in a rear yard provided they are no closer than five feet to any property line or easement. Swimming pools shall be enclosed by a fence no less than four feet tall to a maximum of six feet tall. All fences must be compatible with other on-site fencing and shall completely enclose the pool area. All gates, doors, or other openings shall not be less than four or greater than six feet tall and must be self-latching and compatible with another fencing on site. Gates, doors, or other openings shall have the capability and a means of being locked. See Residential Building Permit.
- Deck Permit – Decks or patios constructed in conjunction with any swimming pool may be located within a required rear yard provided that they are not located within an easement or closer than five feet to any property line. See Residential Building Permit.
- FOIA Request – Click here to request public records available under the Freedom of Information Act. Unless otherwise notified, your request for public records will be complied with within five business days of its receipt. Requests for commercial purposes will be complied with within 21 days of its receipt unless otherwise notified.
- Police FOIA – Click here to request public records from the Police Department. You will receive a response within five business days following its receipt.
RENTALS & RIDES
Room Rentals – The Village offers rental of our Senior Citizens Building on weekends for public and private events. A refundable security deposit of $100 is required to reserve the room, along with a rental fee of $100 which is due one month prior to your event. For more information contact Village Hall at 618-377-8051.
Senior Bus Rides – All residents of Bethalto ages 55 and older can reserve transportation via the Senior Bus. Reservations should be made 24 hours in advance by calling 377-5263 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Certain traveling distance rules apply and persons with doctor appointments are given first priority in scheduling transportation.